THE SACRED MONTH OF RAJAB
THINGS TO DO IN RAJAB
Instructions for the Sacred Month of Rajab
SOME THINGS YOU SHOULD DO IN RAJAB
Perform Ghusl at the beginning of this Sacred Month.
This is to achieve Physical Purification;
As a result of achieving Physical Purification, you hope to achieve Spiritual Purification.
2. TWO RAKAAT NAFIL ṢALAAH
Perform Two Rakaat Nafil Ṣalaah at the Beginning of the Month of Rajab:
· To welcome the month of Rajab
· To pray that Allah bless you in this month of Rajab
· To pray Allah bless the month of Rajab for you
· To Bless Our Zawiyah, the Islamic Forum of Canada, and the AFF
· To Bless our New Masjid Project, and All Activities of Islamic Forum & AFF
3. DU`AA #1
Recite the following Du`aa, once after every Farḍ Ṣalaah, throughout the Month of Rajab :
اَللّهُمَّ بَارِكْ لَنَا فِيْ رَجَبٍ وَّشَعْبَانَ وَبَلِّغْنَا رَمَضَان
Allāhumma bārik lanā fī Rajabin, wa Sha`bāna, wa ballighnā Ramadān.
“O Allah bless us in the Month of Rajab, and bless us in the Month of Sha`bān, and enable us to reach Ramaḍān, and spend it in a deserving manner.”
4. DU`AA #2
Recite the following Du`aa 70 times every night during the Sacred Month of Rajab:
رَبِّ اغْفِرْ لِيْ وَارْحَمْنِيْ وَتُبْ عَلَيَّ
Rab-bigh fir lī, war-hamnī, wa tubb `alayya.
O Allah, Forgive me, and have Mercy upon me, and accept my Repentance.”
5. DU`AA #3
Recite the following Du`aa 70 times every night during Rajab :
اَللّهُمَّ بَارِكْ لَنَا فِيْ رَجَب
Allāhumma bārik lanā fī Rajab
O Allah, Bless us in this Month of Rajab
6. SALATUL RAGHAA-IB
Perform Şalātul Raghaa-ib.
* First Thursday Night (Night of Jumu`ah)
* Every Thursday Night during Rajab.
7. NIGHTLY MAWLIDS
Try to organize Nightly Mawlids during this Sacred Month of Rajab Al-Murajjab.