Debate, Dialogue, Arguments, and Islam…
Q. What is the Hukm of debating in Islam?
A. Debate for the sake of the truth is the Sunnah of all of the Prophets!
– Quran narrated alot of debates between Prophets and their nations
– Hadeeths also narrated few debates
Nation of Nuh said;
They said, “O Noah, you have disputed us and been frequent in dispute of us. So bring us what you threaten us, if you should be of the truthful.” 11;32
– So Noah argued with them alot!
– Debate is one of the three way of Da’wa (calling the people to God)
Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. 16; 125
and many other verses where God actually debates with Idol worshippers of Quraish, Jews, Christians and other people!
And if you remember the debate of the Father of Prophets Ibrahim with Namrud;
Have you not considered the one who argued with Abraham about his Lord [merely] because Allah had given him kingship?
When Abraham said, “My Lord is the one who gives life and causes death,”
He said, “I give life and cause death.”
Abraham said, “Indeed, Allah brings up the sun from the east, so bring it up from the west.”
So the disbeliever was overwhelmed [by astonishment]!!! 2;258
Q. So debating and refuting the deviants is good?
– Is in’t it some thing that only a deviant would say that???
A. Yes, accordingly to contemporary scholars!
– But accordingly to God, if there are some confusions around the truth then genuine scholar has to debate to clarify the truth.
– He has to refute all of the false or weak arguments which is confusing the truth!
– By the way as I said before; If you accept the definition of ”Kufr”, Fisq”, ”Deviance” that is fabricated by some Muslim scholars and groups, some of the Prophets will be Kafir, Disbeliever and Deviant!
– So, if debating to refute the arguments of the deviants is a deviance then so many prophets are deviants, and Quran is also deviance for ordering to debate!
Q. Does it mean that debating is perfectly fine!
– When you see the truth on opposite side to you, you have to stop arguing!
– You have to admit infront of the people who are watching the debate that you was wrong!
– You shouldn’t slander the opposite side by saying; ”He is twisting the proofs”, ”He is deviant”, ”He is ignorant” etc…
– These types of arguments are prohibited!
– Any way; Debating for the sake of truth is a Sunnah of God, Sunnah of Quran and Sunnah of Quranic Prophets!
– But again we have Satanic and Pharoanic type of debates!
– I posted few posts about it
– But in two words; Satanic way of debate is, when you see that your opponent is get very strong proofs you change the academic debate to fascist argument, or insult him, or you use the emotions of the people to crash him emotionally!
– Or when you lose the debate, your arrogance doesn’t let to admit your loss instead you become Great Sufi to speak about Atlantis!